Nursing Home Medicaid Myths
Nursing home costs can be a very large burden on any family. That is why it is so important to know the facts from the myths. By dealing with a knowledgeable Medicaid planning attorney in the Grand Rapids area, you are able to protect your assets and use Medicaid to pay for a majority, if not all, of your nursing home costs.
At The Law Offices of Sean Patrick Cox, PLLC, we have more than 21 years of experience helping families and individuals who are in need of nursing home care and want to find out how to use Medicaid to pay their expenses. Contact our Michigan law firm to find out the differences between the facts and the myths of nursing home planning.
Explaining the Myths Behind Nursing Home Medicaid Planning
There are many myths associated with nursing home planning. We can help you set the record straight no matter what you have heard about Medicaid laws in the past, including:
- I will lose all of my property: False. We can explain the Medicaid statutes and exceptions to you, developing a plan that works for your unique situation.
- Medicaid will take all of my assets from my estate: False. With proper estate planning, you will not lose any part of your estate. We can explain the Michigan estate recovery act and how it applies to you.
- I cannot make gifts to anyone prior to entering a nursing home: False. You are entitled to certain gifts under the law.
- I have to have less than $2,000 to be approved for Medicaid: False. The limits differ depending on the facts of your case and your estate planning techniques.
- I will lose my house: False. We can protect your home with estate planning strategies.
No matter what rumors you have heard regarding Medicaid and nursing home planning, we will set the record straight. From “ladybird deeds” to shifting assets to a spouse, we know all of your options and can guide you down the right path.
Protect Your Assets With Medicaid Planning
Talk with an attorney today about protecting your assets with medicaid by calling us at (616) 942-6404. Schedule your free consultation here with one of our attorneys servicing Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and West Michigan.